February Favourites.

Friday, 1 March 2013

Soap and Glory Shower Gel - Clean on Me
I have been given mini versions of this for years and I would use it up so quickly because I loved it so much, so when this Christmas came and I was given two 500ml bottles I could not have been much happier, it's like a litre of goodness. This shower gel makes me literally look forward to my showers. With the signature Soap and Glory smell, I was already pretty much sold, but it is so creamy and moisturising as well, genuinely not an over hyped product at all. Also, the pump dispenser means that it lasts forever, a couple of pumps on a net loofa is more than enough and can easily cover everywhere. The bottle recommends that you turn the shower off whilst you use it so you don't lose most of the product down the drain and I am a strong advocate of this! I just love this product, so hopefully people keep buying me the bigger bottles for Christmas and Birthdays, then I can just have a life time supply. 

Herbal Essences Shampoo and Conditioner - Hello Hydration
I have been using this shampoo and conditioner duo since I started lightening my hair in about April last year because I was worried about it drying out. I cannot rave about it enough, it smells amazing and tropical which just reminds me of holidays; and is so thick and creamy so you can just feel your hair sucking in all the moisture. It does leave hair very clean and I find it does remove any build up of product in my hair, so I don't ever worry about using too much hairspray or anything. The only negative I have about these products is that I know people who used it for a while and it started to make their hair a bit greasy, but this hasn't happened to me so I suppose it just depends on what type of hair you have. Also, I find that Herbal Essences is nearly always on offer somewhere, so it is regularly a bargain for me.

Topshop Eye Crayon - Marble
I have been using this for a couple of months now and I love it. It is a rose gold shade and has a really nice creamy consistency, which applies really well and lasts pretty much all day. It isn't exactly a bright, in your face colour, but it does give a nice subtle base, which can be worn by itself or under eye shadow. I find that this is also a great highlighter for your eyes, so I also put it on my brow bones a lot and in the inner corners of my eyes. I will definitely be repurchasing this when I use this one up - which by the amount of sharpening I do won't be much longer!

Topshop Pink Lipstick - Tease
I have a bit of an obsession for matte lips, I just prefer them so much more to like sheeny lips or glittery ones, not that I never wear my lips like that, but matte is definitely my favourite. I had read on various blogs that Topshop had pretty much nailed the matte lip with their lipstick collection, so naturally I had to see for myself. I decided to start with a nice colourful shade called Tease, which is pretty much just bright pink and I have been pretty happy with the results. It does live up to the hype of the matte lip look and applies well and evenly with a creamy consistency. The colour is bright and doesn't really fade, apart from obviously when eating or drinking etc. This product can be slightly drying on the lips, but from what  have read that it quite common with matte lipsticks, but if you keep your lips moisturised the rest of the time, there shouldn't be a massive problem. I would definitely consider buying other shades of this, I've got my eyes on a peachy shade called Whimsical and another nude-ish shade called Nevada. All in all, a pretty good product, not that pricey and it always brightens up an outfit.



4 comments:

  1. I love the S&G Clean On Me & use it daily. Also loving the Topshop bright pink lipstick - gorgeous colour!
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a wonderful weekend Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Topshop lippies! Great shade you picked there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lipstick looks divine!

    http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk/

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer matte lipsticks as well. Liking the bright pink.

    ReplyDelete