Black Velvet.

Saturday, 13 April 2013

Black Velvet Peplum - Vero Moda; Skinny Jeans - Miss Selfridge; Bag - Ebay; Shoes - Primark; Eye Colour - Crayon in Black Jack from Topshop.
I have finally returned to the 21st century with a fully working phone and a laptop that has wifi once again! I had a great time in the Lake District, and some surprisingly good weather. Tonight I am going to a fancy dress party and tomorrow I am heading back to uni, so this weekend is gonna be a busy one.

This is an outfit that I wore for dinner one night whilst I was away, quite casual, but then again, I was in the Lake District. I found the top in a shop in the town where I was staying, down to £10 in the sale. I don't actually own any velvet look clothes, but I loved this top as soon as I saw it. My camera didn't quite agree with me when I shot this look, but there are roses almost embossed in the fabric, and it truly is a lovely top.
I blended Topshop Crayon in Black Jack over my eyes, which is a thick black pencil with gold glitter in it. I usually use it purely as an eyeliner, but now that I have al my lovely new make up brushes (post coming soon) I can finally experiment a bit more.
My hair was driving me a bit mad this holiday, I didn't have any heat styling stuff with me all week, so luckily it looked okay natural, but the roots are getting a bit much for me now, I'm thinking I may even cut it shoulder length? What do you think?
Anyway, it's great to be back. Missed you all.


8 comments:

  1. I Love Love LOVE this velvet perplum!
    How much did it cost youu?

    Day Dreams & Daisy Chains


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on the £10 rail in the sale. Lucky find!

      Delete
    2. Very luck!
      its sooo lovely :)

      Delete
  2. Your hair is gorgeous and I love that peplum, I have a similar one!

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x


    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove that top! Are the skinnies high waisted?
    xx Lisa
    lisasabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't high waisted but I think they are like high rise, so not as low as most jeans :)

      Delete
  4. That top is lovely! I have such a love for anything velvet!

    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. super pretty! never seen a velvet peplum before.. looks so nice with those jeans :3

    xo, ZEBRA AND MEERKAT ~

    ReplyDelete