Hair Chalk

Sunday, 28 April 2013

Pink Hair Chalk (Pack of 2) - Topshop £7.50

First and foremost, I would like to announce that my exams are officially over for the year and my first year of uni has now technically finished, though I will still be living here until the end of May. Which means that I am going to have plenty of time for blogging and this site will probably be seeing more content than ever over the next few weeks!

Secondly, those of you that follow me on Instagram will know that last night I decided to colour the ends of my hair. I was shopping yesterday and saw this pack of two hair chalks, and decided why not? I have always been curious to see what I would look this with dip dyed ends but never really wanted to to take the full plunge so hair chalk seemed like a perfect alternative.

It is very messy and you will get covered. Be under no illusion. It will rub off on your clothes, it will get on the floor, it will cover your hands, it will make your bathroom look like a murder scene. But, it does have some lovely results! I went with red, because I thought it would come out as a darker pink on my hair, since I am a darker blonde. I found this article from Lauren Conrad's beauty blog really useful for chalking hair and there are plenty of Youtube tutorials.

I can't comment on how long it will last just yet, but I will keep you informed. I would also recommend a deep conditioning treatment after using hair chalk, since it will suck any moisture out of your hair, I can literally feel it already.

I would recommend this to people who aren't sure about dip dying, I have really enjoyed having my hair a bit different and if you can't have pink hair when you are young when can you?

It's good to be back!


4 comments:

  1. This suits you so much! You should get it done permanently!

    Kelly || DayDreamsDaisyChains.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks beautiful, I'm so tempted to try it! x

    Lipstick Theory

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish these sort of things were out when i wanted my hair pink, so bright! xx

    LongHairDontCare

    ReplyDelete