My Skincare Routine

Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Simple Kind to Skin Deep Cleansing Face Mask; Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub; St. Ives Apricot Scrub; L'Occitane Angelica Face Toner and Angelica Hydration Cream; Soap & Glory Super Eyes Super Eyes Eye Gel.
I've recently given my skincare routine a bit of a revamp after years of neglecting it. I am very lucky to have quite good skin, that isn't acne prone or dry or too oily, so over the years I have taken that for granted a little and now that I'm a bit older I feel like I need to start taking care of it a bit more. These are my go to products for skincare right, it's a pretty basic selection but it does the job!

For daily use, I have my Neutrogena Scrub, which I love! It smells amazing and does a really good job of just polishing the skin. It's exfoliating but still light enough to be used daily, which is something I prefer since I hate blackheads. I follow this up with the L'Occitane toner and moisturiser, which I will do a full review on soon. The smell took me a while to get used to but the effects of the products have been visible on my skin! I also use the Soap & Glory eye gel on my eyes which I have already reviewed here, as it does genuinely wake up the skin around your eyes which is great for when you need to be feeling awake for lectures or work!

In terms of add on products, I use the Simple Deep Cleansing mask and the St. Ives Scrub. The Simple mask has been a bit of a godsend, since I find it difficult to find a good mask for me. When I was younger I had very sensitive skin and had a number of bad experiences with face masks where the end product was me looking like a tomato. Simple is perfect for skin that's a bit more sensitive and this mask has been a gorgeous little addition to my routine once a week. The St. Ives Scrub is another exfoliant but is more abrasive than my daily Neutrogena scrub, so a couple of times a week it does a deep clean on my face to really unclog those pores.

So a very small selection, but it works for me right now!

PS - You may have noticed my blog is lacking its normal outfit posts at the moment. The reason for this is that I currently moving around so many of my clothes are all packed in suitcases etc. They should be back before the end of the month so I am very sorry about that! If there are any trends you want me to focus on then let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I have the St Ives scrub and absolutely love it!! xx Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the backdrop for your pictures hehe.

    I love the St Ives scrub to!

    Kelly || DayDreamsDaisyChains.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with the St Ives and Neutrogena scrubs. Great skincare routine. x

    Tanya | Cat at Heart

    ReplyDelete