My Summer Beauty Must Haves.

Wednesday, 15 May 2013

From L to R: Palmers Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Body Lotion; Carmex Lip Balm in Strawberry; Garnier BB Cream in Light; Topshop Lip Bullets - Top in There She Goes & Bottom in Heartbeat; Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in 003 Peach Glow; Rimmel London Apocalips in 500 Luna; Topshop Blush in Head Over Heels; Batiste Dry Shampoo in Tropical.
First of all, I find myself needing to apologise yet again for my lack of presence on the blog recently, but as I finished my exams and found myself raring to blog away, my computer decided to have a major paddy. All is now sorted so hopefully this will be the real start of the blogging summer! Thanks to those who have continued to read even though I have been slacking! I thought I would come back with a bang and do a post on my summer must haves! These are just a few items that I think are going to come in handy this summer, whether the weather decides to turn nice or not, so here we go!

Palmer's Natural Bronze Body Lotion is the latest addition in my quest to fight the pale skin this summer. Last year I went on a big summer holiday abroad, however this year my plans only consist of a British holiday in Cornwall - which will be great, don't get me wrong, but isn't going to help in the tanning department. As a long time lover of the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Body Lotions, I thought this could be my holy grail. I do love this product, the colour it gives is really lovely and fairly even. I would recommend still moisturising any drier areas like feet, elbows etc, as the colour really does cling to them. I wasn't a huge fan of the smell at first, as initially I found the smell quite vinegar like but after a minute or so this turned into the cocoa smell that I love. Not my holy grail, but definitely a keeper.

For my base this summer I will be combining a few products. As a bit of a foundation-phobe when the sun comes out, I will be using my Garnier BB Cream religiously this summer. It's light on the skin and applies really easily, and stays in place. My chosen blush remains the Topshop Head Over Heels, the colour is just to die for and the formula is amazing. Finally, I shall be topping this all off with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Tanya Burr is a huge fan and so am I, it really mattifies your skin which is going to be perfect in the warmer months when you need a little extra to set your make up.


Next up is my Carmex Lip Balm. This is such an old fav so I won't go on about it. What I love about this particular one is the strawberry smell, which could not be more summery, but also the fact it has SPF 15, which is ideal as the weather gets warmer. The other little beauties that shall be gracing my lips pretty often are the Rimmel Apocalips in Luna (an old favourite) and the new Topshop Lip Bullets. There She Goes is a sheer peachy pink which is perfect for day wear and Heartbeat is a beautiful coral red shade, which is ideal for bigger occasions like all the BBQs you'll be attending!

My final pick is most definitely a holy grail item. The Batiste Dry Shampoo is one of my favourite products that I return to time and time again, and the Tropical scent of this one is perfect for summer. I have my big one for day to day use at home and my itty bitty travel size for on the go.

What products are you excited about for Summer? Have you tried any of my must haves before?







1 comment:

  1. I swear by Batiste!
    I love it.

    I've been meaning to try out the topshop lip bullet!

    Kelly || DayDreamsDaisyChains.com

    ReplyDelete