Topshop Nails in Venus Fly Trap

Sunday, 5 May 2013


Topshop Nails inVenus Fly Trap - £5


The other day I went shopping for my birthday in Leicester and managed to pick up quite a few things, including this beaut little nail varnish from Topshop. I had seen it a couple of weeks ago and I really couldn't get it out of my mind because it was really unlike any other colour I had seen before.

There are plenty of mint green nail polishes floating around like Essie's Mint Candy Apple and Bourjois' Bleu Model, but this colour is almost like a pastel lime green. The Topshop website says the colour is 'Pistachio', which is a good description too, but if I had to really sum up this colour I would say it looks like a pastel version of a bright neon yellow highlighter pen.

Topshop nail polishes are consistently good in their formula and this colour was two coats opaque, but most yellow toned colours are like that. I can imagine this would also look great with the L'Oreal Confetti Topcoat  so I shall be experimenting with that very soon.

This is definitely one of my picks for Spring/Summer and I can imagine I will be getting some good wear out of it. I will probably be following this up with a full collection of my Spring Summer Beauty Picks, so if you would be interested in that please leave a comment down below.


PS. For anybody wondering how long my hair chalk lasted, the majority came out in one wash and by two washes even the light tinge was gone. I would really recommend it to anyone who wants to give dip dye a test run, but I warn you, a follow up conditioning treatment is needed because your hair will be so dry.


7 comments:

  1. Looks like a gorgeous colour! I will definitely have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice summery colour :)

    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing bright summer colour, need to check this out

    Ellen // A little bit Unique // Facebook // Bloglovin



    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful colour

    http://laurathroughthelens.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That color is amazing for summer. I bought a similar shade recently and I can't wait to wear it x

    talkingpickles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete