RAINBOW WEEK: Orange

Wednesday, 26 June 2013

W E E K !

Topshop Nails in Causing a Stir; Rimmel Instant Tan in Light Matte; Real Techniques Buffing Brush (part of the Core Collection); Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Sun Cream; Barry M Nail Paint Gelly Hi Shine in Mango.
So today is the second day of Rainbow Week and therefore ORANGE TUESDAY! Orange was a lot harder for me than red since I don't own any orange items of clothing and I don't own that many orange beauty items, but I have managed to (sort of) find a good five. First up Topshop Nails in Causing A Stir. Looks a lot brighter in this picture, but is actually sort of an apricot orange shade. Lovely in the summer for sure. Unfortunately, Topshop discontinued the colour, but I am sure there are a number of similar colours on the high street. Next up we have a bit of a cheat, but orange was definitely the only colour fake tan could come under, so I have chosen the Rimmel Instant Tan in Light Matte. Being as pale as I am - I once got told by a beauty expert in Boots that it was odd that I was pale because it's not like I look see-through... good to know - this means that my pasty limbs in summer need a bit of help before showing themselves to the outside world and I just find that this gives a real subtle glow. Another bonus about this product is that the more you use it, the more it leaves a gradual build up of tan underneath like a normal gradual tanner, but without having to prep for a week before a night out. Next is the brush to battle all other brushes, the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. This brush is the only thing I use to apply foundation now, it is just amazing, but it has been out forever so if you have not got one yet then go and get one, it will change your life - okay, exaggeration, but it is amazing. The Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Sun Cream was a free sample with an ASOS order last year and as you may be able to see it has been well loved. As a sample size it is perfect to pop into my handbag in case I need to top up my sun cream during the day. It smells amazing and is super moisturising. Finally, a fairly new addition to my collection of ever growing nail varnish, The Barry M Nail Paint Gelly Hi Shine in Mango. How much more orange would you like me to go? Great colour, great formula, great price, it can do no wrong.

There are my five picks for ORANGE TUESDAY. What are your favourite orange products?






No comments:

Post a Comment