Current Base #1

Saturday, 13 July 2013

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer in 02 Nude; Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light; No 7 Protect and Perfect Foundation in Calico; Real Techniques Buffing Brush (part of the core collection); Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 003 Peach Glow.
Since reviewing the No 7 Protect and Perfect Foundation a few days ago, I realised I have never done a post on my base products and since one of them is quite a new addition, no time better than the present!

After moisturising in the morning, the first thing I reach for the No 7 Protect and Perfect Foundation. I have done a full review on this (here) if you want a more in depth description but I would say that it is light to medium coverage and leave a nice dewy finish. I apply this with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush (what else?) and really work it into the skin. The next product I apply is Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer for my undereyes. This is one of the best dupes for YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Highlighting Pen and it is a fraction of the price. Next up for blemishes is a cult product, the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I just dab a small amount of this on blemishes and pat in with my finger. My final product is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I originally wanted this in the transluscent shade, but I found later that it made my skin look slightly ashy so this shade is perfect for me really, as it just gives a little more colour. I then apply the rest of my make up, which will be in a post soon! 

What are your current base favourites?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, was interesting!
    Mine are L`oreal Alliance Perfect foundation and Pupa luminys baked powder. I will write a review soon. Come and take a look if you are interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love reading about fellow-bloggers' routines. I'm now into the Bourjois 8-in-1 BB cream compact, Max Factor Mastertouch concealer and TheBalm Sexy Mama translucent powder for finishing up.
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete