Latest In Beauty: The Glamour Beauty Edit

Monday, 18 November 2013

The Glamour Beauty Edit - Latest in Beauty - £14.95 + P+P

 So, I hope you are all prepared for an incredibly photo heavy post. Earlier this month, my Glamour edition for December arrived in the post and as soon as I saw that Glamour's beauty editor Alexandra Steinherr had collaborated with Latest In Beauty again, I immediately ordered my box. I loved the last one, which I did a review on here, so I expected great things from this one too. It truly hasn't disappointed.








Toni & Guy Glamour Firm Hold Hairspray + Philip Kingsley One More Day Dry Shampoo

Balance Me Radiance Face Oil; Maybelline Babylips in Mint; Benefit They're Real Mascara

HD Brows Eye and Brow Palette in Foxy


L to R: Dark Brown; Warm Brown; Carbon; Nude

Eyeko Eyelash Curlers
The first thing that I loved about this was the beautiful packaging. I have actually kept the box to store jewellery in because I liked it that much. But onto the products. First up were two haircare products, a hairspray by Toni & Guy, which I have since tried out, straying away from my trusty Elnett, but have actually been happily impressed with. It held my hair in place for an entire night out, which has to be a good sign. It's travel sized, so I think I will be saving it for trips and other things from now on, but a good little staple to have. Next up is the Philip Kingsley Dry Shampoo. I have always been a Batiste girl for dry shampoo - as you can tell, I am a bit of a creature of habit when it comes to hair care - but was happy to test this out. Again it's travel sized, so I can take it away with me, but to be honest, I didn't see much difference between this product and Batiste, apart from the price, so although I will keep this and use it, I wouldn't be tempted to repurchase.
The Balance Me Radiance Face Oil is a product I have wanted to try for months, ever since Suzie from Hello October featured it in her favourites one month. Admittedly I have only just started using this, but even after three nights (out of the week, I wouldn't use this every night) I can already see the difference in my skin. It's great to give it just a pep up, especially in these colder months. Next up, the Maybelline Babylips are already a firm favourite in my collection, and this mint offering has increased my stash to 3. I love the scent, and the formulas are great. I reviewed them here.
Benefit's They're Real mascara has been on the market for a while now, and to be honest I was put off by the price tag, especially when the high street offer such good mascaras. This is everything that I have heard about it though, it lengthens lashes, adds volume... and is a sucker to remove, but if a long wear mascara is what you are looking for - which is always something I want - then I would recommend this.
Finally, the last two products, aka my favourites. The HD Brow Eyes and Brows Palette is a nude palette, with all matte colours including a Nude, a Carbon, a Warm Brown and a Dark Brown. I like to use the Warm Brown in my brows, but all the colours make a great neutral smokey eye. They are beautiful powders, really creamy and easy to apply, it reminds me a lot of the Urban Decay Naked Basic Palette. Last but not least, the Eyeko eyelash curlers. I am really excited about Eyeko at the moment because of the collection they have just released with Alexa Chung, which I will try and get my hands on soon. These curlers can keep me at bay for now though, they add a good curl and the velvet handles add a little touch of luxury. And with two refills for the rubber band area, they should last me about a year and a half.

Overall, this box contains around £65 worth of products for only £15. Absolute bargain! If you aren't keen on the running subscriptions on Beauty Boxes this would be great for you, or even as a Christmas gift!

6 comments:

  1. love your blog, would you like to follow each other? Let me know and I will follow u back
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are back, missed your posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this box! It's really cool! I followed you on BlogLovin' - nice blog!

    Brittnee
    http://beautyproductaday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely the best beauty box going, love the contents, so much I want to try

    Ellen // A little bit Unique // Facebook // Bloglovin // Instagram




    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish I lived in the UK so I could get this

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete