Going Brunette

Sunday, 1 December 2013

Those who have read my blog since it started will know that for the last couple of years I have been blonde. When I was younger I went through some brief brunette stints, and my natural hair colour is a dark mousy brown, but I was adamant I wanted to be blonde, so blonde I went. Recently however, I feel like I have grown up a lot and wanted to go for a bit more a mature hair colour, plus maintaining those roots on a student budget was just never going to happen.

I dyed my hair with a box dye from Nice ’n’ Easy in their Perfect 10 range, mainly because I am massively impatient. In hindsight, this may have clouded my decision slightly, because the application was actually pretty difficult. It comes with a comb applicator, which by the time I got to the top layers of my hair just kept knotting it, meaning that the colour wasn’t distributing evenly. The finish wasn’t bad, I had clearly turned brunette, but I still wasn’t completely happy with it. I gave it a 3 week breathing period, and then re-dyed it. This time I used the John Frieda Precision Foam Colour, and the results were much better!

So this is the new look! What do you guys think? Better blonde or brunette?

5 comments:

  1. Your hair looks lovely, its really nice to go a bit darker for the winter!
    Ive only just come across your blog, I really love your layout! :)

    http://itschristiefriday.blogspot.co.uk/ Subscribe to win a Lush Christmas gift set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gr8 in both colours but Brunette is more sexy <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer in blonde, you are different... but it 's a good to going brunette because it's your natural colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. U look pretty with both hair colors .. but I prefer Brunette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the darker hair, it really suits you :)

    Ps: your profile picture is gorgeous ♥

    http://needagap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete