The Perfect Base? Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation

Monday, 2 December 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Ivory



As people who have read my blog for a while will know, finding a good base for my skin without breaking the bank is becoming a bit of an arduous task. As a student, coming to that dangerous time when the loan is slowly but surely petering away, high end foundation is simply not an option, and unfortunately for me, these are the products that normally cater to the paler skin. However, my latest find has restored some of my faith in the high-street.

My normal problem with high-street foundations are that they are just too yellow toned (Bourjois I’m looking at you), so being pale with pink toned skin, it makes my life difficult. A couple of weeks ago, I was perusing the aisles of Boots when I saw Revlon’s Nearly Naked Foundation. This base product has been around for aaaaages now, I know, but for some reason, I just never got around to trying it. Looking at the colour range, I was pretty impressed, and even managed to find a shade that suits me seamlessly.

Now, I don’t normally make big statements like this, but oh my goodness, this might just be the one. Not only is the shade absolutely perfect for me, but the finish is amazing. Using a small amount I can achieve a fairly sheer finish with a dewy glow and evened complexion, but add a little more and I find it’s very easy to build. I normally apply this with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, which is great, so I won’t go on about that, but I find it can also be applied with fingers for an equally lovely finish.

My only problem with this product is the same problem that everyone else has with it… Revlon gimme a pump for this baby already! I can’t waste this precious stuff, so it does take a steady hand, and is doable, but merely for convenience this product would go straight to a 10/10 for me with a pump.

3 comments:

  1. lovely post and real techniques brushes are the best!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes they should put a pump! i dont know why these companies still dont get that we want a pump for the foundation. x_x

    nice blog! :)

    xx,
    littledreamersavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete