Made Up: The Lady Is A Vamp

Wednesday, 29 January 2014







I know that spring is meant to be fast approaching and vampy, autumnal looks are on their way out for another year, but since it's still pretty cold and I have a load of spring time looks coming up, I'd thought I'd sneak in one last bold, purple lip.

Vampy make up a lot of the time focuses on matte, velvet skin and a glossy lip, with barely there matte eye make up. However, me being me, I thought I would switch it up to a look that I think is a bit more wearable.

BASE

For the base, I started with an illuminating primer, I used the Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Serum Primer, but another great option would be the Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights Face Illuminator. I then continued with a more dewy base, with my No 7 Essentially Natural Foundation in Calico. I blended this onto my face using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, which recently has replaced my obsession with the Buffing Brush. Never thought I'd see the day... I concealed the skin and under my eyes with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer. I don't love this concealer but I do find that it's really moisturising and you may or may not be able to see in the photos but my eye eczema is playing up again, so it's great for covering that without irritating it too much. I then moved onto the eyes, but after that I brightened the face with the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer around the eyes, on the brow bone and on my cupid's bow. I contoured with The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzer and the Real Techniques Contour Brush and highlighted with the Soap & Glory Glow All Out Luminizing Face Powder. I wanted a fairly understated blush that still added a bit of colour to my fair skin, so went with the Stila Convertible Colour in Lilium.

EYES

Starting with the brows, I filled them in with the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel before setting them with my Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown. I then moved onto the eyes, which I had primed with the Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer. I coated the lids in No 7 Wheatsheaf and then blended the crease with Truffle, before taking it under the eye. These two shadows are in the old packaging for No 7 but, they are still available. Next up, I touch my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe on a gel liner brush, and lined the outer corners of my eyes. It's a very subtle colour but adds a little definition. I blended away any harsh lines with my fingers. Finally, I curled my lashes with my Eyeko Eyelash Curlers and applied Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara in Black. Big lashes are a key part to the look.

LIPS

Firstly I exfoliated my lips with my Lush Lip Scrub in Mint Julips (not pictured) and then applied my trusty Kate Moss for Rimmel Matte Lipstick in 107 Wine which has been squished at the knib sadly but is still a great colour. I blotted this and then reapplied.

8 comments:

  1. Love the colour of that lipstick - so bold, warm and rich! you look amazing dear :) p.s. I'm still loving the vampy looks too!

    Mary

    www.littlefeatherstyle.blogspot.com

    Check out my nail art/polish giveaway!!

    http://www.littlefeatherstyle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/new-years-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mary, the bold lipstick looks amazing on you!

    Zubie,
    zubie's musings
    International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice lipstic! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lip colour looks stunning on you. I really love the look of 107, it's so gorgeous! x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete