Made Up: Make Up For Tired Eyes

Wednesday, 8 January 2014







Products Used: L to R - The Body Shop Honey Bronzer; Real Techniques Blush Brush; Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer; L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer in Light; Bourjois Happy Light Primer; Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation; Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.

L to R: Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss; Eyeko Eyelash Curlers; Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara; Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold; Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Black and Nude; Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel; Bourjois Java Rice Powder; Bourjois Cream Blush in 03 Rose Tender.

The Secret Weapons
Well I woke up this morning all set to do a natural make up look for the Made Up segment of the week, and unfortunately after a few too many late nights recently, it just wasn't going to happen - don't worry I'll just postpone it until next week. After all the best thing you can do for your face is get a proper night's sleep, but sometimes that just isn't an option and you become a walking zombie. With everyone starting to go back to work, I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat so I thought I'd do a make up for disguising tiredness instead. You can see the basic products I've used above and I'll link any review to those if you are interested, but I am going to focus on the three main secret weapons when disguising tiredness.

The first is a light reflective concealer. Obviously YSL Touche Eclat is the holy grail of these, but definitely out of my price range. Fortunately, the high street offer some pretty good dupes nowadays and although I haven't found one I've been especially loyal to, I'm enjoying this L'Oreal one at the moment. I always use a high coverage concealer over bags first, in this case the Collection Lasting Perfection, but another favourite is Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer. Next I just go in with this to add some brightness back in under my eyes on normally along the top of cheekbones too. I find this works best when applied with fingers, but that really is personal preference.

The second secret weapon is nude eyeliner or white eyeliner. The Rimmel Scandaleyes ones are brilliant, but I know Benefit do a great white eyeliner too. Strategically placed along the water line, these tones counter redness and give those blood shot peepers a boost. Finally, big lashes. I always curl my lashes, but especially when I look tired. They really open up your eyes and make you look more awake. Paired with a great mascara this can work wonders for those sleepy eyes, and make you look - even if you don't feel - ready for the day ahead.

11 comments:

  1. Nice post, I'm tempted to purchase similar products you've mentioned before I have a bad eye day!! I never seem to get on well with using eyelash curlers - time to improve I guess!
    I have a new post about a Westfield Haul,
    if you have time do you fancy checking it out and leaving feed back? :-)

    Hope you can follow back on Bloglovin!


    x


    http://fashionistadigital.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty :) and I'm so jealous of your long eyelashes! I love the Rimmel scandaleyes eyeliners too~ i use the nude colour quite often too. Revlon Nearly naked foundation has been on my wish list for quite a while now; the finish is lovely on you~

    Thank you for posting~ Just found your lovely blog :) Have a great day!

    Ying ♥ || *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  3. well this worked wonders... your eyes look gorgeous! they're so pretty and brown!! beautiful!! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post!


    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do get those tired looking eyes every now and then due to lack of sleep. I have the eye lash curlers too to awaken my lashes before using a mascara Thanks for sharing this tutorial.. lovely Post


    http://www.productsthatactuallydowork.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous make up dear, you look fab <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/marieljanina

    ReplyDelete