No 7 Brush Cleanser

Monday, 13 January 2014


I think it is fair to say that as a beauty blogger, my biggest transgression is how little I clean my make up brushes. It is so important to clean your brushes, as they harbour bacteria and this can cause havoc for your skin. Ideally, your brushes should be cleaned every two weeks max, unless you share your brushes, in which case clean them after every use.

My main issue is with living in a student house, it probably isn't fair to hog the bathroom for half an hour or more to clean my brushes, and then I don't have much space to put them while they dry. There aren't a lot of brush cleansers on the market (Real Techniques I'm looking at you with hope here) and those that do supply charge more than I want to pay. However, one day I found myself perusing the aisles of Boots and saw a No 7 brush cleanser for only £8. As you can imagine, I bought it there and then.

I use this to clean my brushes every week or so. I pump a couple of pumps onto a flannel and just circle my brushes in the liquid until they are clean. This normally takes me 15 mins, and I have a lot of brushes... They take seconds to dry afterwards, but I normally do them the night before just to be safe. My brushes stay clean, my face stays relatively spotless and life is good.This has truly been a holy grail product and I will definitely repurchase this over and over again.

Have you tried any brush cleansers?

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, never realised no.7 had a brush cleanser~ I really need to check this one out :) My MAC brush cleanser is running out soon. Thanks for the recommendation!

    Thanks for posting. Have a lovely day <3

    Ying♥ || *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! I'm forever telling myself I need to clean my brushes more and this sounds like such a useful product, especially if they dry so quickly afterwards! x
    fiveonecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good, my only concern is whether it can get rid of esteƩ lauders double wear! so so hard to remove! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. For £8 it's worth a try for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fact that this is a quick and easy way to keep your brushes nice and clean :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I want to try this, normally I just use water and soap/shampoo! Probably not the best.

    www.skinandroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually using baby shampoo is brilliant for deep cleaning your brushes! :) this is just a great alternative :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good! Great how boots have the £5 off vouchers of at the moment :) x

    http://beatricelily.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo you may have converted me ! I have always seen this and thought it wasn't worth 8 quid , but as it dries so fast it sounds perfect! Thanks for such a helpful post :) I have also tried the elf quick spray brush cleaner which is good between washes . Pretty effective so far :)
    Jamie xox
    Www.bethnalbohemia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete