The Haul #3: Boots and The Body Shop

Friday, 17 January 2014

Clockwise from top: No 7 Gift with purchase*; Bumble & Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish*; Oral-B Vitality Pro White Electric Toothbrush*; Origins Ginzing Moisturiser*; Essie Fiji and Solemate*; The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter; Real Techniques Blush Brush and Expert Face Brush*; The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 Light Matt.



THE REPURCHASES
The Origins Ginzing Moisturiser, if I remember correctly, was featured in my last haul. It took me around 4 months before I finally had to scrape the last of it from the tub, and there was no way I wasn't going to repurchase it. It just does amazing things for my skin, I have written a full post on it here, if you want a proper review, but I will just add that since the winter months have set in I have now added a more nourishing moisturiser at night time - but there might just be an updated skincare routine coming your way soon so sit tight... My other repurchase was also a skincare item in the form of The Body Shop's Cleansing Balm. It wasn't at all necessary because I have plenty left of my other one, but there was an offer on, so who am I to say no to a bargain that made it half price? It would not be an understatement to say that this is probably one of my top products from 2013. It has literally changed my skin so much, and I don't even have particularly difficult skin in the first place. Yet again, shameless plug to the post I have already written on this, so you can find that here.

THE SALE FINDS
My first sale find was my new favourite thing, my electric toothbrush. I had braces for a long time as a teen and although I was assured it was fine, I didn't feel comfortable pairing electric toothbrushes with my metal grin and since then I have stuck to the bog standard toothbrush more or less. I had wanted an electric toothbrush for a while now, but was determined to wait for the sales because they can be extortionate and while I appreciate they are an investment, I just don't have the dollar to spend £35 on a toothbrush. However, for the reasonable price of £17.50, I was more than happy to part with my cash. I even managed to persuade the boyfriend to get one too - now that is a miracle. The second was less of a planned purchase and more of a happy accident. I have always thought the No 7 gifts with purchase are brilliant. When I was younger, my Mum used to sneakily give me hers and they were my favourite bits of make up, I still have the majority of the eyeshadows. These were being sold off at £5 to clear, so I couldn't really resist. I even gave my Mum the lipstick.

THE NEW ADDITIONS
Most of these had been on my to buy list for months, but I wanted desperately to get Christmas out of the way first, so I waited and carefully saved my Boots points as much as possible, before finally getting my reward. The Bumble & Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish Spray has been one of my most wanted products since the summer, but £21 for big hair, was it worth it? In the end, yes. I just couldn't not buy it after wanting it for so long and I'm really happy with it so far. I followed the same rule with the Surf Spray and now that's love. The Real Techniques Brushes are some of the best out there and I'd been wanting to add to my collection for a while. I decided to go for the Blush Brush, because I didn't have a designated brush for that and the Expert Face Brush to mix it up from the Buffing Brush. I still have a few more I want to add to my collection (the big ass powder brush, I'm looking at you) but these will appease me for now I'm sure and hopefully the new releases won't be too tempting... Next up were a couple of Essie classics. To put it simply, I had wanted both colours for a long time and I don't have ones like them in my collection so I was chuffed to finally get them. Solemate has been gracing my tips recently, but I'm feeling like Fiji is going to be out in force for the Spring. Last but not least, one of my favourite products of the trip. Finally, a highstreet bronzer that pale people just want to marry. I had seen a few bloggers recommend this and then Estée featured it and completely enabled me. I will definitely do a post on this soon because I think I can honestly say I have not found a better bronzer for my skin type on the high street and it really is a bargain.

Have you tried any of these products? Or have you made some of your own cheeky purchases recently?

3 comments:

  1. The polishes are pretty, I love RT brushes they are great!

    Kayla
    sheerbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love essie nail polishes!

    Emma from http://www.masqueradebelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIVEAWAY FEATURING NUXE, CHANEL, MAC AND MORE!

    http://coquetnoelle.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete