The Brow Routine

Saturday, 8 February 2014

HD Brows Eye & Brow Palette in Foxy - £19.96*; Rimmel Professional Eye Brow Pencil in Hazel - £2.99; Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown - £4.99









Filling in my brows was never something I had ever thought to do until recently. They were a good shape, and fairly thick and I was happy with them. Enter Cara Delevingne... I don't know how she did it, but that girl has made brows a most wanted item on every girl's beauty regime, and to be honest, I'm happier this way. I started with a powder, specifically the second to darkest shade in the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (have a good cringe at the old post), however recently I have broadened my horizons and ventured into other brow related excitement.

POWDER
My old faithful... However, since the arrival of my Glamour Edit, I have moved onto a new love. Not only is this palette just lovely in general, the cool toned brown (bottom right of palette) is my perfect shade. For days when I'm craving those dramatic brows, this is my go to.

PENCIL
In all honesty, I haven't ventured far into the realm of eyebrow pencils. This is the first one I have tried, I don't love it. I don't hate it. I feel like there's better out there but I'm not one to purchase something unnecessarily until I have used the other one. It's just not cost effective.

GEL
Finally, the new kid on the block last year. The Maybelline Brow Drama. The first high street offering of a decent brow gel. I have already professed my love for this on the blog, so if you're after more info head over to that review, but I will say that this is the perfect way to finish off a look, or to just go for a decent brow on a barely there make up day.

What are your brow essentials?

8 comments:

  1. I can't get along with Maybelline's brow drama at all, I think I'll stick with my pencil until a find a cute little brow set :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the HD Brows palette, although I seem to have lost mine and I can't find it anywhere - gutted! Love the sound of the Maybelline Brow Drama for lazy makeup days, will have to have a look for it when I'm shopping.
    Gillian · elevatormusik.com x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! im quite simply with my brows, use the same eyeliner pencil as you :)
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) and yeah it's a good bargain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are awesome! I love that they can double for eyeshadows too. And yeah I really love it, it's definitely not one to over apply but that's why it's perfect for lazy make up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I know some people have really mixed feelings about it! There are a lot of brow kits out on the market nowadays so you'll have plenty of choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually really love the Rimmel eyebrow pencils, but each to their own! Also, I want to try HD brows kit, but it's so pricey...I think it's not worth it for me anyway, but I can't judge until i've tried :-)

    Sharlotte //

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete