Made Up: For The Gym

Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Top to Bottom: No 7 Stay Perfect Mascara; Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown; L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer in Light; Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Bronze; Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya.
Taking a slightly different approach to this week's Made Up post, in lieu of Sunday's fitness post, I thought I'd focus more on my saviour products when it comes to frequenting the gym. You know how it goes, you go to the gym bare faced, come out looking like a sweaty, hot mess and then have somewhere to be where you need to look fairly presentable, and fast. The gym I go to is actually my uni gym, so fitting in a workout between lectures is a fairly common thing for me, but I hate looking like a shambles afterwards, so with the bare minimum of products, all in stick form so that I can save space, I attempt to throw together a look.

First and foremost, I skip the base, mainly because I don't suffer with too bad skin anyway, and I find after a workout and a face wash, my skin is normally at its best. Don't ask me about the science behind it, I'm no expert, but I just find it looks a bit more radiant that usual. It is also one of the few times when my deathly pale skin does not require a pop of colour to the cheeks, so base wise I just stick to an illuminating concealer. I love the L'Oreal Lumi Magique for this, it's one of the best illuminating concealers that the high street has to offer. (If you feel like you need that extra pop of colour No 7's new Pop and Glow Sticks are awesome, and if you want a bit more of a base the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick may be right up your street.) Next up, I tame the brows with the Maybelline Brow Drama Gel. It's a great way to quickly look a bit more presentable by combing through the flyaway hairs. Eye wise I stick to a quick bronzed look in the form of Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Bronze, which I apply to the lid and blend out with my finger, and then apply the No 7 Stay Perfect Mascara to my lashes. These are both waterproof so they'll be sticking around regardless of whether you are still feeling a little sweaty or not (I'm hoping not). Finally just a quick slick of lip balm in the form of Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya, a gorgeous sheer coral shade which really brightens up the face!

What do you throw on after the gym?

6 comments:

  1. I love the Lumi Magique pen! Always brightens up my face :) Just did a review on it a few weeks ago :)! xx

    BerrieBlogs| {beauty blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I love that natural look the revlon lip butter has! :) I usually wear a really natural make up as well :D x

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo handy that your gym is in your uni! I have to travel an hour to get from my uni to the gym (I'm not joking lol!) I really want to try the Maybelline Brow Drama. I guess it'll be similar to the Gimme Brow.

    WOMANOUK (beauty & portrait
    drawings)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah awesome! Yeah it's pretty good for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great for days when you just can't be bothered that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh god that would put me off going! Yeah I think they're pretty similar - but there's a big price difference!

    ReplyDelete