Spring Nails

Monday, 17 March 2014

L to R: Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Lychee; Essie in Fiji; Topshop Nails in Parma Violet; Rimmel 60 Seconds in Little Bo Peep; Topshop Nails in World's End; Bourjois One Second Gel Nail Polish in Pom.
Spring is rolling around and the typical pastel nail shades are rearing their heads again, however, the My Little Pony pastels have grown up slightly in favour of more neutral pastels. However, you can't tear me away from some of my yearly favourites so I have left them in too.


The Neutral Pastels

For the neutral side of things, I've gone for some played down shades. First up is Barry M's Gelly Nail Paint in Lychee, this baby is the perfect nude and I always find myself reaching back for it. Next up is Essie Fiji. This is a fairly new addition to my collection but I am so obsessed, and I think I'll be wearing this one all the way through until summer. Finally is Rimmel's 60 Second Polish in Little Bo Peep, which is an awesome grey, blue, lilac colour which is really downplayed. All of these shades seem a bit more grown up so would be perfect for the office or school.

The Fun Pastels

The fun pastels are shades that I do wear a fair bit, but would avoid if I had an important meeting... The first two are both from Topshop, but I can only find one still available. Parma Violet is still on the website and is a cute lilac shade, I love pairing this with Topshop's World's End which they no longer seem to stock, but definitely have similar colours to it. It's a nice cool, sky blue which I loved wearing over summer as well. Finally, the Bourjois One Second Gel Polish in Pom is a cute pastel green, more turquoise than Essie's Mint Candy Apple but more green than Bourjois' Turquoise Block. I love this one and the application is really flawless.

What kind of tips are you going to be sporting for spring?

11 comments:

  1. My favorite color is purple so I'll be wearing lots of pastel lilac kind of shades. I'm also really into ombre nails lately x

    WOMANOUK (beauty &
    drawings)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am desperate for Fiji! such a lush shade! xx

    BerrieBlogs| {beauty blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still picking out some spring shades! I really want to get my hands on those topshop colors now! The lavender shade is looks like PERFECTION!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Essie Fiji but I hate the fact I have to put on around 3layers to have a pretty colour. Over all it's so pretty on the nails. Great picks. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, I wear it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Topshop have some great ones, they had this awesome pastel lime colour last year called Venus Fly Trap which I forgot to include but if you can get your hands on it then I'd definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah it's a bit annoying, but it's such a pretty colour it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of that green shade! So unique!

    Sandra - The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiji is my favourite shade atm, I'm wearing it nonstop :)
    Ana xo anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually bought it thinking it was a more minty green, but it's almost like a pastel turquoise almost. It's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's definitely one I go back to time and time again!

    ReplyDelete