Springtime Staples

Sunday, 9 March 2014

Vichy Idealia BB Cream, Stila Convertible Colour in Liium; Revlon Colour Burst Lacquer Balm in Demure, Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm in Unapologetic; Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya; No 7 Eye Shadow; Soap & Glory Glow All Out
With all the sunshine that’s been about lately, I feel like spring has definitely sprung, and with that I’ve been rotating my make up and beauty stash to include a few more seasonally appropriate items. I’ve gone and split this up into two posts, with my make up bits being featured today and my spring nail picks coming up in a few days.

The first thing I find an essential in spring is a dewy, glowing complexion. I normally go for a few illuminating products from day to day anyway, but when spring comes around, I up the glow a tiny bit more. A great base for this is the Vichy Idealia BB Cream - I have the lighter shade - this stuff packs a pretty great illuminating punch. Not too over the top or in your face, this is the perfect foundation to spring make up.

I’m a fan of cream blushes all year round to be honest, but when the sun starts coming out a bit more I leave the cream to powder formulas to the side for a bit and opt for wetter cream formulas. The Stila Convertible Colours are a fab example of this, but another great choice would be Max Factor’s Cream Blush. I like a bit of a highlight on the top of my cheekbones as well, and the Soap & Glory Glow All Out powder leaves a really nice, subtle glow to the higher points of the face.

For eyes, I tend to go a bit more delicate when spring rolls around. I try to veer away from the heavy black liner and go for sweet pastel colours. I love this lilac shadow from No 7 because the purple works well with my eye colour, but it’s also a great eye opening shade. Annoyingly the colour isn’t on the pot, but if you look for the lilac shade on a No 7 stand I’m sure it would be the same one.

Finally lips. To me spring means one thing in terms of bold lips. It’s time to whack out the hot pink again. I love bright pinks for spring, so the Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm in Unapologetic is perfect. As for more day to day looks, I like a nice coral or pinky nude, the Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya has been my go to colour recently, but the Revlon Colour Burst Lacquer Balm in Demure is also nice for quick and easy application in spring.

What are you spring picks for this year? Remember to stay tuned for my spring nails post in a few days!

6 comments:

  1. I love the Revlon lip butters :) I own two shades but I want mooooore!!

    WOMANOUK (beauty &
    drawings)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm literally obsessed with it at the moment! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are one of those collections that are quite addictive when it comes to owning all of them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait, it's like a light shimmery coral and I love it. I usually wear matte lipsticks so I like this for a change!


    www.thefashion-six.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete