Hair Update #1

Sunday, 20 April 2014



So after months of planning I finally decided to go and cut all my hair off. My hair had got to be pretty long, and was getting too thick to manage. I'd wanted to go shorter for a while, and went to the hairdressers full of excitement. I wanted a shorter look, with a really relaxed, tousled, beach wave sort of effect, like the little table of photos above. I had about 4 inches off the length, and boy, it's short. 

I won't lie, when I came out of the hairdressers, I hated it. She had blow dried it straight which is really not me, and I just hated it. I am not one of those people who can complain to hairdressers (which is awful I know) so I pretended it was great and left. Bad Alis. When I got home, I had a little melt down and then after some consoling from the boyfriend I decided to give it a go styling it myself, in the way I'd like it and the result was the top photo. I felt much better after I saw that I could get it how I liked it, and that made me feel like I'd not made a horrible mistake. I am still pretty unsure with it, but I think that's more because I haven't had hair this short for almost 10 years and I'm still pretty new to styling it. I've been curling it a lot and trying to experiment, I think straight is still a look I'm really not keen on, so there definitely needs to be texture in it. I can still just about get it in a pony tail so that's good, and hopefully as I get more used to it, I'll be able to start recommending products for shorter hair.

For now though, if you have any tips for styling or product recommendations, please let me know!

3 comments: