L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil

Friday, 18 April 2014

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil For All Hair Types - £9.99

I feel like hair oil is really having a moment right now, and it was something I'd really never been keen on trying at all. To me it seemed like it would just turn me into a big old grease ball. However, I've recently been getting horribly, dry ends which is something that's never happened to me before, and none of the products I had were doing anything. A friend recommended I try some hair oil just for the ends of my hair, so I thought I'd give it a go. There was no method to which one I went and chose, so I can't really compare the L'Oreal oil to others, it may not be as good as others but I have no idea.

The L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oils are varied for different types of hair, so I just went for the All Hair Types oil, but it is definitely worth noting that there's an offering for finer hair etc. This particular oil offers heat protection and a UV filter which will protect it from the sun as well as the heat used when styling. The oil can be used in a number of ways, before shampooing, before blowdrying and styling, or as a finishing touch. I use it as a heat defence but also like to put it through my hair just before bed and give it a chance over night to really sink in. The best thing about this oil is that it is really light weight, and isn't greasy at all. All you need is two drops for your hair and that really is enough. If you feel any product left over on your hands, then just keep working it into the hair because with proper application you should feel absolutely nothing left over. I would definitely recommend this hair oil, and if this is anything to go by then I'd trust the rest of the line as well.

Have you tried any hair oils?

10 comments:

  1. I like the fact that it's suitable for all hair types, and that it can be used in different processes! xx

    Hannas’ UK Beauty | Lifestyle blog
    @ hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hair oils but unfortunately this was a bit too heavy on my hair - shame because it's a relatively affordable compared to some other oils :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this one, but I have L'Oreal's Total Repair 5 dry oil. I really like it ... it smells lovely and works well while still being very lightweight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this looks like something my dry ends could use right now!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should try the fine hair one, it comes I a spray so it's more of a mist :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clearly L'Oréal on the ball with their oils!

    ReplyDelete