Made Up: Charlotte Tilbury - The Dupe Edition

Wednesday, 2 April 2014





Products used: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette; Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara; Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Nude and Black.
Shades used: Naked 2 & Faint for the socket and below the eye; Venus for under the brow, and in the inner corner.
I love Charlotte Tilbury, I think she is so great. I've been following her since before I started this blog, and before she launched all her products. When she did release her line of make up, the only thing that ruined it for me was the horrible sinking feeling of - how the hell am I going to afford any of that? Unfortunately, as of yet, none of her famous products have made their way into my collection, but her tutorials on YouTube are nonetheless pretty fab and easy to follow, so I thought I would recreate one of her most recent videos with some drugstore products (I know Urban Decay isn't drugstore but it's definitely cheaper). You can find the video down below if you want to follow the steps yourself, and if you have any other ideas for dupes of her products please let me know. I'm not trying to rip Charlotte Tilbury off in any way, but I thought for this post at least I'd put the focus on her expertise than her products - which one day will be mine...

Disclaimer - I know my look isn't done exactly the same as the model's but hey, I'm not a make up artist!

3 comments:

  1. i really like this makeup ! I think it's a very good way to look dressy but in a simple and beautiful way !

    http://emmaslittlebox.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the look really livens up the eyes. And I really like the Rimmel kohl nude pencil, it does so well at making the eyes appear brighter! x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete