Maybelline Colour Sensational Glosses

Monday, 7 April 2014

Maybelline Colour Sensational Shine Gloss in Cashmere Rose and Glorios Grapefruit - £6.19



The different additions of lip glosses to my make up collection seem to be coming in thick and fast at the moment. The most recent (and quite possibly my favourite) are the Maybelline Colour Sensational Shine Glosses. These are a fairly recent release, and have been increasingly likened to the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors, which I had been eying up for some time before this release.

I went for the shades that everyone seems to have gone for in the blogosphere (not intentionally), which are Glorious Grapefruit and Cashmere Rose. (I wore Glorious Grapefruit a couple of weeks back in my Spring Make Up post if you're after a true to life swatch.) These are both fairly nude shades, which in my collection means they aren't bright red or pink. Cashmere Rose is a subtle, your lips but better shade which is great for really quick on the go days, and Glorious Grapefruit is similar but with a slightly stronger peachy pink undertone. Of the two, I would say Glorious Grapefruit is my favourite, as I find that it's just really brightening for my collection, and I have been reaching for it over and over again. The formula is smooth, non-sticky, and has a nice fruity smell to it that isn't too offensive to the nose. Who needs the Clarins Lip Perfectors if the dupes are this good?

Have you tried any of the glosses from this range?

6 comments:

  1. They look really lovely and luxurious for being Maybelline and the colors are amazing. They're definitely on my list of things to try this month :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never given these a second glance, but wow! These look so nice! Definitely need to head to my local drugstore....

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I thought that about the packaging actually, really sleek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good! I really want to try them, I'm definitely lacking in lip glosses.


    http://clothing-conscious.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm going to give these ones a try :)

    ReplyDelete