The Dupe: Sleek Eyebrow Stylist

Monday, 5 May 2014

Sleek Eyebrow Stylist in Light - £5.99


I'd seen the Sleek Eyebrow Stylist pop up on a few blogs in the past month or so, and the first thing that struck me about it was how similar it was to the Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil by Hourglass, and then on closer observation how it seemed almost identical to the Brow Sculptor by Tom Ford. Double ended wand? Check. Built in eyebrow spooly? Check. Chiselled pencil? Check. Sleek's drugstore offering seems to have ticked all the boxes that make Tom Ford's and Hourglass' so popular in the first place. The main difference? The price of course, with Sleek coming in at around £8 and the other two costing you over £20 each. I don't own either of the high end products, so I can't vouch for the comparison between the physical product itself, but I will tell you what I know.

The Eyebrow Stylist comes in three shades Light, Medium and Dark, and as mentioned has a chiselled pencil, which retains its shape as it's resharpened at the edges every time it's retracted back into the packaging. The packaging it simple and sleek (no pun intended) and easy to transport. As for the product itself, it is the perfect consistency for creating a natural looking brow, with very little possibility of going overboard. It draws on the 'hairs' very finely, and so is really easily buildable. It has a fairly waxy consistency, which keeps hairs in place for the day, to the point where I have been reaching for my Maybelline Brow Drama less and less to set my brows.

All in all, I'm really pleasantly surprised by this product. I thought initially it may just turn out to be a gimmick to follow the trends of the higher end brands, but actually the product itself is really great and I shall definitely be repurchasing this in the future!

6 comments:

  1. This is great. I have been using the Soap and Glory brow archery these days but i am kind of missing the spoolie end a little bit to brush through my brows and grabbing an extra spoolie seems to be a bit of a hassle. This one looks great and i always have high hopes for Sleek products - they work amazingly well for the price!

    Thank you for posting, i hope you have a wonderful day!

    Ying ♥ || *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also haven't tried either of the higher end brands but this looks great. I've been eyeing it up for a while and not been sure whether or not to try it but I might have to now :-) great post!

    Caitlin
    caitacrawford.blogspot.co.uk
    - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually going to go and buy that the day I bought this, but the spoolie did win me over rather than the felt tip end thingy. And it is such a bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't recommend it enough! :)

    ReplyDelete