The Shades of Summer

Sunday, 18 May 2014

Brown Tortoise Shell Retro Sunglasses - River Island - £10
A few years ago, I went through a stage where I owned about 12 pairs of sunglasses that I had on rotation throughout the summer. A couple of years and move to uni later, this collection was drastically streamlined and I stuck to one pair of H&M beauties since. However when this summer arrived, I found that they had cracked all around the frame and were a bit unwearable, which led me on the hunt for a replacement pair.

Countless online searches later found me this little pair which I have been loving since I got them for my birthday! I have a pretty small face, which is pretty much a perfect sphere so big oversized glasses don't really suit me, so I stuck to the simple wayfarer design and the tortoise shell brown I was already used to. I can see these lasting for many summers to come, and hopefully, if this weekend's weather is anything to go by, they will get a lot of use over the next couple of months as well!

What sunglasses are you rocking this summer?

5 comments:

  1. I quite like the look of raybans, the ones with the half lens! Love thos x

    BerrieBlogs| {beauty blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving round sunglasses, but I'm usually a little bit hesitant about wearing them :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel having a face too small for most sunglasses, it totally sucks. Ordering online is just not going to happen. Love the design of these, sometimes you just can't beat the classics :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alice!

    Great post - £10 for River Island sunglasses! That's amazing!


    I love your blog & have nominated you for a Liebster award! You can check out my post & questions here - http://whentaniatalks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/liebster-nomination-from-life-of-fab.html


    Looking forward to reading your answers! Xx

    http://www.whentaniatalks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete